Freight or Cargo Handlers load and unload trucks, containers and rail cars, and transfer cargo between ships and other forms of transport and storage facilities.
Image sourced from Unsplash.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- labelling goods with customers' details and destinations
- loading goods into trucks, containers and rail wagons, and securing loads
- assisting to tie down loads and cover them with tarpaulins
- performing clerical functions to record and check cargo on arrival, storage and despatch
- opening and closing hatches and securing cargo to prevent shifting during voyages
- transferring loads using moving equipment and directing equipment operations using communication systems
- stacking cargo on pallets, trays, flats and slings to facilitate transfer to and from ships
- Freight Handler
- Cargo Handler
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 5 Mar , 2021
- Hornsby Heights, New South Wales
- Thu 4 Mar , 2021
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Hurlstone Park, New South Wales
- Wed 3 Mar , 2021
- Rathmines, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au