Forklift Drivers operate forklifts to move bulk materials, containers, crates, palletised goods, cartons and bales.
Image sourced from Pexels.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- operating controls to align forklifts and raise and lower forks to stack and unstack items in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- operating forklifts which run on rails or use electronic guidance systems to control movements in narrow aisles
- transporting goods to designated areas in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- ensuring goods are stored in correct areas so that they can be easily located when orders are made up
- monitoring equipment operation visually through gauges and instruments and through computerised monitoring equipment
- inspecting and controlling equipment to identify wear and damage
- servicing and performing minor repairs and adjustments to forklifts
- may operate specialised trucks to carry items beneath elevated frames
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Driving Operations
Other Careers In This Industry
- Austech Illusions
- We are currently seeking a workshop laborer for our warehouse in midland. We are a metal fabrication company so experience using power and hand skills is essential. We are a high paced, energetic environment working towards multiple deadlines. A successful candidate will need to be highly motivated with a willingness to learn. This position is casual with the opportunity for full time employment.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsProduct Assemblers
- Tue 19 Jan , 2021
- Bellevue, Western Australia
- Fri 15 Jan , 2021
- Railway Estate, Queensland
- Fri 15 Jan , 2021
- Port Adelaide, South Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au