Air Transport Professionals fly and navigate aircraft, control and direct air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground, and instruct students in flying aircraft.
Image sourced from iStock.
Air Transport Professionals
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
- Aeroplane Pilot
- Air Traffic Controller
- Flying Instructor
- Helicopter Pilot
- Air Transport Professionals
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV inCertificate III in Mobile Crane Operations
- Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor), Diploma of Aviation (Air Traffic Control)
- Advanced Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instruction)
- Bachelor of Aviation - Flying
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 7 May , 2021
- Hazelmere, Western Australia
Warehouse Production/Pick Packer
- ALFRED E. CHAVE PTY. LTD.
- We have several warehouse and manufacturing clients based in Brisbane Inner Suburbs looking for laborers and pick pack workers.
Experience is not necessary, but willingness to learn and grow attitude is crucial, we’ll provide the training. The role is essential to ensuring our customers receive the correct deliveries at the correct time and uphold our promise of delivering exactly.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsStorepersons
- Sat 1 May , 2021
- Rocklea, Queensland
- Tue 27 Apr , 2021
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au