Air Transport Professionals fly and navigate aircraft, control and direct air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground, and instruct students in flying aircraft.
Air Transport Professionals
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
- Aeroplane Pilot
- Air Traffic Controller
- Flying Instructor
- Helicopter Pilot
- Air Transport Professionals
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV inCertificate III in Mobile Crane Operations
- Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor), Diploma of Aviation (Air Traffic Control)
- Advanced Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instruction)
- Bachelor of Aviation - Flying
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 8 Jul , 2019
- Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
Surfboard Manufacturing Apprentice
- Kinaroad (Australia) Pty Ltd
- If you seek the unknown, are forever curious and have no respect for the status quo, then you just might like our culture. Around here, there is no such word as 'can't' and we reframe 'impossible' into 'ground-breaking' on a daily basis. We work as a team, embrace the unconventional and challenge each other to think differently, every day.
Cutting edge surfboard shaping factory is seeking practical hands on person for Apprenticeship position who is keen to be part of the surfboard manufacturing industry.
- Follow your passion
- Develop your talent and learn new skills
- Join an ambitious team manufacturing quality high performance surfboards
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsProduct Assemblers
- Wed 26 Jun , 2019
- Tweed Heads, New South Wales
- Mon 15 Jul , 2019
- Capalaba, Queensland
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/