Performs secretarial, clerical and other administrative tasks in support of Legal Professionals applying knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and documents.
Image sourced from Unsplash.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- liaising with other staff to arrange meetings, and to gain and provide information
- preparing reports, briefing notes and correspondence, and proofreading work for typographical and grammatical errors
- maintaining appointment diaries and making travel arrangements
- processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- answering telephone calls, responding to inquiries and redirecting callers
- taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents
- greeting visitors, ascertaining nature of business and directing visitors to appropriate persons
- may implement management decisions and maintain records of meetings
- may handle bookkeeping and petty cash functions
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Legal)
Other Careers In This Industry
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au