Conveyancers and Legal Executives act for and on behalf of clients in the areas of property transfer, company and business law, trusts, wills, probate and litigation.
Conveyancers and Legal Executives
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- preparing, examining and advising on contracts of sale for properties and businesses
- carrying out title searches and contacting government authorities to find out if any planned development, illegal building work and disputes could affect properties and businesses
- preparing, examining and advising on mortgage documentation
- negotiating the terms and conditions of, and exchanging, contracts of sale, paying deposits, arranging payment of stamp duty, checking for outstanding arrears and land tax obligations, and calculating adjustments for council and water rates
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of issues, and receiving written information concerning cases from Legal Professionals and clients
- conferring with clients and potential witnesses and drawing up statements and proposed affidavits in preparation for court proceedings
- maintaining legal files
- preparing, analysing and interpreting a variety of legal documents
- assisting Legal Professionals to prepare cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and preparing and filing court documents
- may supervise Law Clerks and Legal Secretaries and take responsibility for their work
- Legal Executive
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Diploma of Conveyancing
- Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing
- Bachelor of Business - Law
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Legal Receptionist
- Shaw & Bunner Legal
- Are you wanting to learn on the job and join a welcoming team working in the legal industry?
We are on the lookout for a trainee Legal Receptionist who is interested in working full time in a legal office whilst completing their Certificate III in Business Administration (Legal).
- LegalLegal Secretary
- Tue 11 Feb , 2020
- Branxton, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au