Insurance Investigators and Loss Adjusters conduct investigations into insurance claims to ensure their validity, inspect and assess the damage and loss to insured properties and businesses, estimate insurance costs, and inspect insured properties to evaluate conditions affecting underwriting standards.
Image sourced from Pexels.
Insurance Investigators and Loss Adjusters
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining scenes of incidents resulting in insurance claims to determine causes and effects
- interviewing witnesses and claimants to obtain details required to assess the validity of claims and identify the parties responsible for accidents, damage and loss, and preparing statements and reports
- inspecting damaged buildings, equipment and motor vehicles and estimating the cost of repairs
- estimating business losses resulting from fire, theft and other business disruptions
- reporting the extent of damage and estimated costs to the insurer
- inspecting property, buildings and operations of commercial and industrial establishments to assess physical conditions and work practices
- evaluating the adequacy of security, fire and related systems
- preparing reports and recommending action to reduce risks
- compiling data which influence the determination of premium rates
- Insurance Investigator
- Insurance Loss Adjuster
- Insurance Risk Surveyor
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in General Insurance
- Cert IV in Financial Services
- Diploma of Financial Services
- Advanced Diploma of Insurance Broking
Other Careers In This Industry
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au