Insurance Agents represent insurance companies in selling insurance to clients.
Image sourced from Unsplash.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- interviewing clients to identify their insurance needs
- explaining to clients details of insurance and conditions, risk coverage, premiums and benefits
- assisting clients to determine the type and level of coverage required
- calculating premiums and establishing method of payment
- reviewing clients' circumstances to ensure that the level and coverage of insurance is still appropriate
- settling and monitoring insurance claims to ensure that both client and insurer are satisfied with the outcome
- recording information about clients and their policies
- identifying and drawing up lists of potential clients from a variety of sources and contacting them to arrange interviews
- keeping up-to-date with changes in the insurance industry and informing clients of new developments
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in General Insurance
- Cert IV in General Insurance
- Diploma of General Insurance
- Advanced Diploma of Insurance Broking
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 11 Jul , 2020
- Cheltenham, Victoria
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au