ICT Sales Professionals manage client accounts and represent companies in selling a range of computer hardware, software and other ICT goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other organisations.
Image sourced from Adobe Stock
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using trade directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers' needs and explaining the goods and services which meet their needs
- promoting employers' ICT goods and services to existing and prospective clients
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of ICT goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with ICT goods and services purchased, arranging modifications and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports, and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- ICT Account Manager
- ICT Business Development Manager
- ICT Sales Representative
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Business Sales
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology *
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 21 Apr , 2021
- Artarmon, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au