Human Resource Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the human resource and workplace relations activities within organisations
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating human resource management strategies, policies and plans to meet business needs
- advising and assisting other Managers in applying sound recruitment and selection practices, and appropriate induction, training and development programs
- developing and implementing performance management systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
- representing the organisation in negotiations with unions and employees to determine remuneration and other conditions of employment
- developing and implementing occupational health and safety programs and equal employment opportunity programs, and ensuring compliance with related statutory requirements
- overseeing the application of redundancy and other employee retrenchment policies
- monitoring employment costs and productivity levels
- may train and advise other Managers in personnel and workplace relations matters
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Business
- Cert IV in Human Resources
- Diploma of Human Resources Mgmt
- Adv Diploma of Management
- Bachelor of Business - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Master of Human Resources and Organisational Development
Other Careers In This Industry
- The PFS Group
- The Recruitment Consultant position advertised is based within the NSW team for PFS however this role is responsible for managing the recruitment process for the organisation and its clients from commencement to completion and being a point of contact for recruitment Australia wide.The duties and responsibilities of the Recruitment Consultant include preparing job advertisements for vacant positions within PFS, handling queries from job applicants, managing recruitment related documentation, conducting interviews and reference checks, liaising with job advertising networks and agencies and providing post-recruitment service to teams within PFS.
- Human Resources & RecruitmentHuman Resource Managers
- Thu 23 Aug , 2018
- $90,001 - $100,000
- Sydney, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/