Waiters serve food and beverages in hotels, restaurants, clubs and dining establishments.
Image supplied by Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- setting and arranging tables greeting customers and presenting them with menus and beverage lists
- taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff
- serving food and beverages
- opening bottles and pouring beverages
- clearing tables and returning dishes and cutlery to kitchen
- removing empty bottles and used glasses from tables, and refilling and replacing glasses
- collecting payments for sales and operating point of sales machines and cash registers
- may recommend wines to complement food
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Cert III in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Jun , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
- Mon 6 Jul , 2020
- Scarborough, Western Australia
- Thu 2 Jul , 2020
- Kalbarri, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au