Waiters serve food and beverages in hotels, restaurants, clubs and dining establishments.
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- setting and arranging tables greeting customers and presenting them with menus and beverage lists
- taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff
- serving food and beverages
- opening bottles and pouring beverages
- clearing tables and returning dishes and cutlery to kitchen
- removing empty bottles and used glasses from tables, and refilling and replacing glasses
- collecting payments for sales and operating point of sales machines and cash registers
- may recommend wines to complement food
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Cert III in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice 1st or 2nd or 3rd year Chef
- The Press Shop Bowral
- The Press Shop cafe, located in the heart of Bowral (1.5 hours south of Sydney) is searching for an innovative and artisan focused Apprentice Chef to join our dynamic team.
- Fine dining food with mostly daytime hours
- Work with beautiful locally grown food
- Great location
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Sat 28 Dec , 2019
- Bowral, New South Wales
- Fri 17 Jan , 2020
- Fremantle, Western Australia
- Thu 16 Jan , 2020
- Southern River, Western Australia
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/