Tourism and Travel Advisers plan and organise travel and accommodation for clients, and provide travel and accommodation information to tourists.
Tourism and Travel Advisers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining clients' requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests
- suggesting itineraries based on available travel routes and cost, availability and convenience of transport
- making and confirming travel and accommodation reservations and informing clients of bus, plane, ship and train connections
- notifying clients of travel dates, baggage limits, and medical and visa requirements
- providing information on tourist attractions and tour availability, and procedures for dealing with lost and stolen documents
- assisting with travel clearances
- collecting payments and issuing clients' itineraries, relevant documentation, tickets for travel and vouchers for accommodation
- providing information on travel insurance, relevant government regulations such as customs regulations, and use of credit cards and traveller's cheques
- answering inquiries from tourists and offering suggestions about tours, travel routes, accommodation and local customs
- providing literature and information on local and interstate tours and places of interest
- discussing transport availability and cost
- may work in a call centre
- Tourist Information Officer
- Travel Consultant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Tourism
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice 1st or 2nd or 3rd year Chef
- The Press Shop Bowral
- The Press Shop cafe, located in the heart of Bowral (1.5 hours south of Sydney) is searching for an innovative and artisan focused Apprentice Chef to join our dynamic team.
- Fine dining food with mostly daytime hours
- Work with beautiful locally grown food
- Great location
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Sat 28 Dec , 2019
- Bowral, New South Wales
2nd - 4th Year Chef Apprenticeship - Sydney Olympic Park
- Apprenticeship Careers Australia
- Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is Australia’s best apprentice and trainee company, so if you want to kick-start an epic career with a market leader, you can’t miss this opportunity. We have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic 2nd – 4th Year Apprentice Chef to work in the kitchen of a vibrant restaurant in Sydney Olympic Park.
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Thu 23 Jan , 2020
- Sydney Olympic Park, New South Wales
- Wed 22 Jan , 2020
- Mosman, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/