Tourism and Travel Advisers plan and organise travel and accommodation for clients, and provide travel and accommodation information to tourists.
Tourism and Travel Advisers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining clients' requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests
- suggesting itineraries based on available travel routes and cost, availability and convenience of transport
- making and confirming travel and accommodation reservations and informing clients of bus, plane, ship and train connections
- notifying clients of travel dates, baggage limits, and medical and visa requirements
- providing information on tourist attractions and tour availability, and procedures for dealing with lost and stolen documents
- assisting with travel clearances
- collecting payments and issuing clients' itineraries, relevant documentation, tickets for travel and vouchers for accommodation
- providing information on travel insurance, relevant government regulations such as customs regulations, and use of credit cards and traveller's cheques
- answering inquiries from tourists and offering suggestions about tours, travel routes, accommodation and local customs
- providing literature and information on local and interstate tours and places of interest
- discussing transport availability and cost
- may work in a call centre
- Tourist Information Officer
- Travel Consultant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Tourism
Other Careers In This Industry
- Canada Bay Club
- You will learn to plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food in the Canada Bay Club Brasserie facility. The Brasserie caters to the whole family with its delicious Mediterranean menu. You will also gain experience working across a wide range of Events, including corporate functions, social events, and weddings.
- We are a community-based Club in Sydney's Inner West operating for more than 50 years
- Gain experience working within both a la carte dining and function catering
- Work within a diverse, friendly and inclusive team
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Thu 18 Apr , 2019
- Five Dock, New South Wales
- THE STAGE DOOR ESPRESSO
- Assist Head Chef to plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food in a cafe, catering and functions establishment.
- Positive, friendly work culture.
- Second venue opening May 5th at the new Bella Vista Railway Station
- Top tier cafe setting new benchmarks for coffee, food, and service in Western Sydney
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Tue 2 Apr , 2019
- Bella Vista, New South Wales
- Wed 24 Apr , 2019
- Newcastle, NSW
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/