Tourism and Travel Advisers plan and organise travel and accommodation for clients, and provide travel and accommodation information to tourists.
Tourism and Travel Advisers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining clients' requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests
- suggesting itineraries based on available travel routes and cost, availability and convenience of transport
- making and confirming travel and accommodation reservations and informing clients of bus, plane, ship and train connections
- notifying clients of travel dates, baggage limits, and medical and visa requirements
- providing information on tourist attractions and tour availability, and procedures for dealing with lost and stolen documents
- assisting with travel clearances
- collecting payments and issuing clients' itineraries, relevant documentation, tickets for travel and vouchers for accommodation
- providing information on travel insurance, relevant government regulations such as customs regulations, and use of credit cards and traveller's cheques
- answering inquiries from tourists and offering suggestions about tours, travel routes, accommodation and local customs
- providing literature and information on local and interstate tours and places of interest
- discussing transport availability and cost
- may work in a call centre
- Tourist Information Officer
- Travel Consultant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Tourism
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 7 Nov , 2019
- East Fremantle, Western Australia
- Wed 13 Nov , 2019
- West Bendigo, Victoria
Apprentice Chef - Sydney International Airport
- Plaza Premium Lounge Australia
- • Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes.
• You should be able to receive tasks to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations.
• Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Tue 12 Nov , 2019
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Mascot, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/