Tourism and Travel Advisers plan and organise travel and accommodation for clients, and provide travel and accommodation information to tourists.
Tourism and Travel Advisers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining clients' requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests
- suggesting itineraries based on available travel routes and cost, availability and convenience of transport
- making and confirming travel and accommodation reservations and informing clients of bus, plane, ship and train connections
- notifying clients of travel dates, baggage limits, and medical and visa requirements
- providing information on tourist attractions and tour availability, and procedures for dealing with lost and stolen documents
- assisting with travel clearances
- collecting payments and issuing clients' itineraries, relevant documentation, tickets for travel and vouchers for accommodation
- providing information on travel insurance, relevant government regulations such as customs regulations, and use of credit cards and traveller's cheques
- answering inquiries from tourists and offering suggestions about tours, travel routes, accommodation and local customs
- providing literature and information on local and interstate tours and places of interest
- discussing transport availability and cost
- may work in a call centre
- Tourist Information Officer
- Travel Consultant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Tourism
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice 2nd or 3rd year Chef
- The Press Shop Bowral
- The Press Shop cafe, located in the heart of Bowral (1.5 hours south of Sydney) is searching for an innovative and artisan focused Apprentice Chef to join our dynamic team.
- Day time cafe operation - With monthly event dinners
- Prepare only the best local produce.
- Work with and under fine dining trained chef Nathan West
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Fri 21 Jun , 2019
- Bowral, New South Wales
Junior Chef - Asian Cuisine
- Plaza Premium Lounge Australia
- • Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes.
• You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations.
• Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Sun 14 Jul , 2019
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Mascot, New South Wales
- Thu 11 Jul , 2019
- Mudgee, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/