Outdoor Adventure Guides direct, instruct and guide individuals and groups in outdoor adventure activities such as bungy jumping, fishing and hunting, mountaineering, trekking and whitewater rafting.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- meeting members of a tour on arrival and making introductions
- organising and supervising groups involved in outdoor adventures such as bungy jumping, fishing and hunting, mountaineering, trekking and whitewater rafting
- setting up and maintaining equipment, and ensuring that equipment is safe and in working condition
- demonstrating and providing instruction in the use of equipment and techniques required for participation
- providing advice on safety measures, and ensuring that activities are conducted in a manner to minimise risk to participants
- responding to emergencies by providing first aid assistance and taking appropriate further action if required
- answering questions and advising on local interest points within a specific region
- may maintain written reports of daily activities and carry out other administrative work
- Bungy Jump Master
- Fishing Guide
- Hunting Guide
- Mountain or Glacier Guide
- Outdoor Adventure Instructor
- Trekking Guide
- Whitewater Rafting Guide
- Outdoor Adventure Guides
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Tourism, Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation
- Certificate III in Guiding, Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
- Certificate IV in Guiding, Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 12 Dec , 2019
- Tom Price, Western Australia
- Wed 11 Dec , 2019
- Maroochydore, Queensland
- Tue 10 Dec , 2019
- Randwick, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/