Outdoor Adventure Guides direct, instruct and guide individuals and groups in outdoor adventure activities such as bungy jumping, fishing and hunting, mountaineering, trekking and whitewater rafting.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- meeting members of a tour on arrival and making introductions
- organising and supervising groups involved in outdoor adventures such as bungy jumping, fishing and hunting, mountaineering, trekking and whitewater rafting
- setting up and maintaining equipment, and ensuring that equipment is safe and in working condition
- demonstrating and providing instruction in the use of equipment and techniques required for participation
- providing advice on safety measures, and ensuring that activities are conducted in a manner to minimise risk to participants
- responding to emergencies by providing first aid assistance and taking appropriate further action if required
- answering questions and advising on local interest points within a specific region
- may maintain written reports of daily activities and carry out other administrative work
- Bungy Jump Master
- Fishing Guide
- Hunting Guide
- Mountain or Glacier Guide
- Outdoor Adventure Instructor
- Trekking Guide
- Whitewater Rafting Guide
- Outdoor Adventure Guides
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Tourism, Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation
- Certificate III in Guiding, Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
- Certificate IV in Guiding, Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 27 Mar , 2020
- Bakery Hill, Victoria
Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
- Punters Bar, The Frontier hotel
- Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
The Frontier Hotel is seeking to recruit an experienced Bar Supervisor.
The Hotel is multi-faceted and includes a Sports Bar, Bottle Shop, TAB, Restaurant, Gaming Lounge and two Function rooms and Live Music.
If you’re a hospitality star and love providing great service with a smile in an environment where great customer experience is paramount and have the skills listed below then please apply.
1) Opening and closing Bar procedures including all cash reconciliation.
2) Restaurant and function service with sound food and wine knowledge.
3) Tab procedures including legislation and dispute resolution and month end data entry
4) Bottle shop service, receiving of large deliveries, stocktaking , rotation and presentation of varying displays, daily reconciliation.
5) Gaming payouts, hopper fills and a sound knowledge of NT gaming legislation.
6) Cellar reticulation, line cleaning and maintenance.
7) Experience with keno procedures including legislation and stock control and cash reconciliation.
Applicants must have the following to be considered
Current NT Gaming Managers License, RSA, RSG and TAB trained.
Advantageous, Food Handlers Cert, Forklift License.
- Hospitality & TourismHotel and Motel Managers
- Mon 16 Mar , 2020
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Darwin City, Northern Territory
- Fri 6 Mar , 2020
- North Wollongong, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au