Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers slaughter and eviscerate poultry, and process, grade and package meat, poultry, fish and shellfish
Image sourced from Unsplash
Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Meat Process Worker
- Poultry Process Worker
- Seafood Process Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Seafood Processing
- Certificate III in Food Processing
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Jun , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
- Mon 6 Jul , 2020
- Scarborough, Western Australia
- Thu 2 Jul , 2020
- Kalbarri, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au