Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers slaughter and eviscerate poultry, and process, grade and package meat, poultry, fish and shellfish
Image supplied by NSW Farmers Association
Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Meat Process Worker
- Poultry Process Worker
- Seafood Process Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Seafood Processing
- Certificate III in Food Processing
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 27 Mar , 2020
- Bakery Hill, Victoria
Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
- Punters Bar, The Frontier hotel
- Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
The Frontier Hotel is seeking to recruit an experienced Bar Supervisor.
The Hotel is multi-faceted and includes a Sports Bar, Bottle Shop, TAB, Restaurant, Gaming Lounge and two Function rooms and Live Music.
If you’re a hospitality star and love providing great service with a smile in an environment where great customer experience is paramount and have the skills listed below then please apply.
1) Opening and closing Bar procedures including all cash reconciliation.
2) Restaurant and function service with sound food and wine knowledge.
3) Tab procedures including legislation and dispute resolution and month end data entry
4) Bottle shop service, receiving of large deliveries, stocktaking , rotation and presentation of varying displays, daily reconciliation.
5) Gaming payouts, hopper fills and a sound knowledge of NT gaming legislation.
6) Cellar reticulation, line cleaning and maintenance.
7) Experience with keno procedures including legislation and stock control and cash reconciliation.
Applicants must have the following to be considered
Current NT Gaming Managers License, RSA, RSG and TAB trained.
Advantageous, Food Handlers Cert, Forklift License.
- Hospitality & TourismHotel and Motel Managers
- Mon 16 Mar , 2020
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Darwin City, Northern Territory
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au