Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers slaughter and eviscerate poultry, and process, grade and package meat, poultry, fish and shellfish
Image supplied by NSW Farmers Association
Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Meat Process Worker
- Poultry Process Worker
- Seafood Process Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Seafood Processing
- Certificate III in Food Processing
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 12 Aug , 2019
- Dural, New South Wales
- Thu 22 Aug , 2019
- Mermaid Beach, Queensland
- Wed 21 Aug , 2019
- Wangaratta South, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/