Housekeepers perform cleaning and housekeeping duties in private residences as well as hotels, motels, caravan/holiday parks, residential land lease communities and other commercial premises, which is essential to the success of these businesses.
Image sourced from Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
- Cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- Sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- Dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- Restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- Stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen
- Maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- Picking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen
- Commercial Housekeeper
- Domestic Housekeeper
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Certificate III in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Jun , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
- Mon 6 Jul , 2020
- Scarborough, Western Australia
- Thu 2 Jul , 2020
- Kalbarri, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au