Housekeepers perform cleaning and housekeeping duties in private residences as well as hotels, motels, caravan/holiday parks, residential land lease communities and other commercial premises, which is essential to the success of these businesses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
- Cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- Sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- Dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- Restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- Stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen
- Maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- Picking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen
- Commercial Housekeeper
- Domestic Housekeeper
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Certificate III in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 27 Mar , 2020
- Bakery Hill, Victoria
Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
- Punters Bar, The Frontier hotel
- Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
The Frontier Hotel is seeking to recruit an experienced Bar Supervisor.
The Hotel is multi-faceted and includes a Sports Bar, Bottle Shop, TAB, Restaurant, Gaming Lounge and two Function rooms and Live Music.
If you’re a hospitality star and love providing great service with a smile in an environment where great customer experience is paramount and have the skills listed below then please apply.
1) Opening and closing Bar procedures including all cash reconciliation.
2) Restaurant and function service with sound food and wine knowledge.
3) Tab procedures including legislation and dispute resolution and month end data entry
4) Bottle shop service, receiving of large deliveries, stocktaking , rotation and presentation of varying displays, daily reconciliation.
5) Gaming payouts, hopper fills and a sound knowledge of NT gaming legislation.
6) Cellar reticulation, line cleaning and maintenance.
7) Experience with keno procedures including legislation and stock control and cash reconciliation.
Applicants must have the following to be considered
Current NT Gaming Managers License, RSA, RSG and TAB trained.
Advantageous, Food Handlers Cert, Forklift License.
- Hospitality & TourismHotel and Motel Managers
- Mon 16 Mar , 2020
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Darwin City, Northern Territory
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au