Hotel and Motel Managers organise and control the operations of hotels and motels to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services.
Photo supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- supervising security arrangements, and garden and property maintenance
- planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities
- observing liquor, gaming, and other laws and regulations
- assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction
- overseeing accounting and purchasing activities
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- may provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Hospitality
- Cert IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice 1st or 2nd or 3rd year Chef
- The Press Shop Bowral
- The Press Shop cafe, located in the heart of Bowral (1.5 hours south of Sydney) is searching for an innovative and artisan focused Apprentice Chef to join our dynamic team.
- Fine dining food with mostly daytime hours
- Work with beautiful locally grown food
- Great location
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Sat 28 Dec , 2019
- Bowral, New South Wales
- Fri 17 Jan , 2020
- Fremantle, Western Australia
- Thu 16 Jan , 2020
- Southern River, Western Australia
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/