Hotel and Motel Managers organise and control the operations of hotels and motels to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services.
Image sourced from Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- supervising security arrangements, and garden and property maintenance
- planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities
- observing liquor, gaming, and other laws and regulations
- assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction
- overseeing accounting and purchasing activities
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- may provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Hospitality
- Cert IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 1 Jun , 2020
- Wamberal, New South Wales
- Thu 4 Jun , 2020
- Perth, Western Australia
- Tue 2 Jun , 2020
- Southern River, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au