Food Trades Assistants assist Food Trades Workers by performing routine food preparation, cleaning and storage tasks.
Image sourced from Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- gathering food ingredients in preparation for cooking and serving
- gathering pots and pans in preparation for cooking food ingredients
- weighing and measuring ingredients
- washing, peeling, cutting, slicing and dicing ingredients for cooking and serving
- cutting and grinding meat, poultry and seafood in preparation for cooking
- removing cooked food from ovens and food warmers
- washing work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware
- storing food supplies, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware in refrigerators, cupboards, pantries and other storage areas
- informing Foods Trade Workers when food supplies are low
- Pastrycook's Assistant
- Food Trades Assistants
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Food Processing (Sales)
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Jun , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
- Thu 9 Jul , 2020
- Warwick, Western Australia
- Wed 8 Jul , 2020
- Joondalup, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au