Chefs plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food in dining and catering establishments. (Cooks, Fast Food Cooks and Kitchenhands are excluded from this group).
Photo supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies
- monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff
- demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures
- preparing and cooking food
- explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
- may select and train staff
- may freeze and preserve foods.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Travel Consultant
- Helloworld Travel Armidale
- Do you have a passion for travel & customer service? Helloworld Travel Armidale is seeking a suitable person to complete a 2 year Certificate III in Tourism traineeship leading to a full-time Travel Consultant position in our busy retail travel agency. Note: consideration will be given to candidates with industry experience or certificate 3 qualification.
- Award winning team
- Exciting dynamic industry
- Travel Industry!
- Hospitality & TourismTourism and Travel Advisers
- Thu 13 Feb , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Armidale, New South Wales
- Tue 4 Feb , 2020
- Milton, New South Wales
- Thu 30 Jan , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Bowral, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au