Cafe and Restaurant Managers organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.
Image sourced from Unsplash
Cafe and Restaurant Managers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- planning and organising special functions
- arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders.
- Cafe or Restaurant Manager
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Jun , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
- Mon 6 Jul , 2020
- Scarborough, Western Australia
- Thu 2 Jul , 2020
- Kalbarri, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au