Bar Attendants and Baristas prepare, mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons in bars in licensed establishments, and prepare and serve espresso coffee and other hot beverages to patrons in cafes, coffee shops and dining establishments.
Image sourced from Unsplash
Bar Attendants and Baristas
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing, serving and selling cocktails, mixed drinks, bottled, canned and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a variety of coffee beverages such as lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso-based beverages
- cleaning and maintaining bar service areas, coffee-making areas and espresso machines
- collecting payment for sales and operating cash registers
- promoting services and products
- washing glassware and arranging bottles and glasses
- tapping kegs and attaching supply lines
- replenishing drink dispensers, shelves and refrigerators
- selling light snacks
- selecting and grinding coffee.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Hospitality
- Cert IV in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Jun , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
- Mon 6 Jul , 2020
- Scarborough, Western Australia
- Thu 2 Jul , 2020
- Kalbarri, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au