Bar Attendants and Baristas prepare, mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons in bars in licensed establishments, and prepare and serve espresso coffee and other hot beverages to patrons in cafes, coffee shops and dining establishments.
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
Bar Attendants and Baristas
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing, serving and selling cocktails, mixed drinks, bottled, canned and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a variety of coffee beverages such as lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso-based beverages
- cleaning and maintaining bar service areas, coffee-making areas and espresso machines
- collecting payment for sales and operating cash registers
- promoting services and products
- washing glassware and arranging bottles and glasses
- tapping kegs and attaching supply lines
- replenishing drink dispensers, shelves and refrigerators
- selling light snacks
- selecting and grinding coffee.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Hospitality
- Cert IV in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 27 Mar , 2020
- Bakery Hill, Victoria
Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
- Punters Bar, The Frontier hotel
- Bar Supervisor (Full Time)
The Frontier Hotel is seeking to recruit an experienced Bar Supervisor.
The Hotel is multi-faceted and includes a Sports Bar, Bottle Shop, TAB, Restaurant, Gaming Lounge and two Function rooms and Live Music.
If you’re a hospitality star and love providing great service with a smile in an environment where great customer experience is paramount and have the skills listed below then please apply.
1) Opening and closing Bar procedures including all cash reconciliation.
2) Restaurant and function service with sound food and wine knowledge.
3) Tab procedures including legislation and dispute resolution and month end data entry
4) Bottle shop service, receiving of large deliveries, stocktaking , rotation and presentation of varying displays, daily reconciliation.
5) Gaming payouts, hopper fills and a sound knowledge of NT gaming legislation.
6) Cellar reticulation, line cleaning and maintenance.
7) Experience with keno procedures including legislation and stock control and cash reconciliation.
Applicants must have the following to be considered
Current NT Gaming Managers License, RSA, RSG and TAB trained.
Advantageous, Food Handlers Cert, Forklift License.
- Hospitality & TourismHotel and Motel Managers
- Mon 16 Mar , 2020
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Darwin City, Northern Territory
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au