Bakers and Pastrycooks prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread), Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry),Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate IV in Advanced Baking, Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 9 May , 2019
- Exeter, New South Wales
- Thu 9 May , 2019
- Marsden Park, New South Wales
Chef Apprentice - Ref No. 839584
- Onslow Beach Resort
- Onslow Beach Resort are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking apprentice chef to join our team. The ideal candidate will show a positive attitude, willingness to learn and a genuine interest in pursuing a career in the food industry. We are looking to take on an apprentice at any stage of their apprenticeship whether they are new to the industry or in their 2nd or 3rd Year.
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Thu 23 May , 2019
- Onslow, Western Australia
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/