Bakers and Pastrycooks prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread), Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry),Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate IV in Advanced Baking, Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Travel Consultant
- Helloworld Travel Armidale
- Do you have a passion for travel & customer service? Helloworld Travel Armidale is seeking a suitable person to complete a 2 year Certificate III in Tourism traineeship leading to a full-time Travel Consultant position in our busy retail travel agency. Note: consideration will be given to candidates with industry experience or certificate 3 qualification.
- Award winning team
- Exciting dynamic industry
- Travel Industry!
- Hospitality & TourismTourism and Travel Advisers
- Thu 13 Feb , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Armidale, New South Wales
- Tue 4 Feb , 2020
- Milton, New South Wales
- Thu 30 Jan , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Bowral, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au