Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers provide assistance, support and direct care to patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings.
Image sourced from iStock.
Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients' condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists.
- Hospital Orderly
- Nursing Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Therapy Aide
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance, Certificate III in Home and Community Care, Certificate III in Health Support Services
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 12 Apr , 2021
- Katanning, Western Australia
Optical Retail Assistant
- Brennan & Smith Optometrists
- Brennan & Smith Optometrists has a permanent position available for an Optical Retail Assistant. To be successful you must be well presented, enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills.
In house training will be provided, however previous experience in a customer service role, computer skills and reception experience will be an asset. The employers seeks staff who thrive on delivering the best customer service possible with a high level of attention to detail.
- Healthcare & MedicalOptometrists and Orthoptists
- Tue 6 Apr , 2021
- Armidale, New South Wales
Health Care Assistant Trainee
- Enriched Health Care
- The Enriched Health Care team is committed to values of honesty, ethics, respect, integrity, diversity, innovation, person & family centred health and care.
We are looking for a Health Care Assistant Trainee who shares our vision, mission and values, with a genuine passion for delivering only the highest standards in health care.
Our Health Care Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional support to Health Care Professionals to achieve participant care goals.
- Healthcare & MedicalNursing Support and Personal Care Workers
- Tue 16 Mar , 2021
- Port Macquarie, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au