Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers provide assistance, support and direct care to patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings.
Image sourced from iStock.
Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients' condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists.
- Hospital Orderly
- Nursing Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Therapy Aide
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance, Certificate III in Home and Community Care, Certificate III in Health Support Services
Other Careers In This Industry
- Tue 11 May , 2021
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Sat 24 Apr , 2021
- Jindabyne, New South Wales
Health Care Assistant Trainee
- Enriched Health Care
- The Enriched Health Care team is committed to values of honesty, ethics, respect, integrity, diversity, innovation, person & family centred health and care.
We are looking for a Health Care Assistant Trainee who shares our vision, mission and values, with a genuine passion for delivering only the highest standards in health care.
Our Health Care Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional support to Health Care Professionals to achieve participant care goals.
- Healthcare & MedicalNursing Support and Personal Care Workers
- Mon 19 Apr , 2021
- Port Macquarie, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au