Enrolled and Mothercraft Nurses provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities and in the community, and assist parents in providing care to newborn infants under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Midwife.
Nurses (Enrolled and Mothercraft Nurses)
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as administering medications, and monitoring responses to treatments and care plans
- assisting Registered Nurses and other team members to coordinate and evaluate care provided
- promoting and assisting in health education activities for the prevention of ill health
- bathing, feeding, changing and settling newborn infants
- providing advice and training on infant care to parents of newborn infants
- providing emotional support to parents of newborn infants
- Enrolled Nurse
- Mothercraft Nurse
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert IV in Nursing (Enrolled/Division 2 nursing)
- Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled/division 2 nursing)
- Advanced Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled/Division 2 nursing)
Other Careers In This Industry
- myNurse PTY LTD
- myNurse is seeking a professional Registered Nurse to work independently with Clients at home. We are looking for a casual nurse for immediate start. You will be required to have your own vehicle to travel to client's homes. We offer good casual rates with travel allowances.
- Healthcare & MedicalRegistered Nurses
- Wed 17 Apr , 2019
- Haymarket, New South Wales
- Thu 11 Apr , 2019
- Robina, Queensland
- Wed 10 Apr , 2019
- Brisbane City, Queensland
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/