Dental Assistants prepare patients for dental examination and assist Dental Practitioners, Hygienists and Therapists in providing care and treatment.
Image sourced from iStock.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- receiving and preparing patients
- arranging and handing instruments, medication, and other dental requisites to Dental Practitioners
- preparing dental materials and processing X-rays
- using suction devices and water sprays
- performing routine maintenance on equipment
- sterilising and preventing cross infection of equipment
- may advise patients on dental health education and post-operative care and procedures
- may act as receptionist for Dental Practitioners
- may perform billing and other clerical tasks.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- Certificate IV in Dental Assisting
- Diploma of Dental Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 25 May , 2020
- Bald Hills, Queensland
- Thu 21 May , 2020
- Geelong West, Victoria
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au