Complementary Health Therapists treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.
Image sourced from Unsplash.
Complementary Health Therapists
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- evaluating and documenting patients' progress through treatment plans
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body's capacity for self-healing.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
- Complementary Health Therapists
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice, Certificate IV in Aromatherapy, Certificate IV in Kinesiology
- Diploma of Remedial Massage, Diploma of Reflexology, Diploma of Kinesiology
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda
Other Careers In This Industry
- Tue 24 Nov , 2020
- Footscray, Victoria
- Fri 20 Nov , 2020
- Osborne Park, Western Australia
Dental Assistant Traineeship - 1046713
- Profile Orthodontics
- A well established orthodontic practice in the northern suburbs which is expanding to a second location in the western suburbs will have available 2 positions for persons wishing to train as dental assistants. The positions, which are full time, and associated training are offered as a Certificate IV in Dental Clinic Assisting
- Healthcare & MedicalDental Assistants
- Thu 19 Nov , 2020
- Joondalup, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au