Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers perform routine tasks in crop cultivation and animal production.
Image sourced from Pexels.
Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
p>This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops and livestock
- operating farm machines to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintaining and repairing buildings, machines, fences, plant and water systems
- loading and unloading seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loading field crops into transporters for marketing
- irrigating land for crop growth
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available.
- Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Agriculture
- Certificate III in Agriculture
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee - Certificate III in Horticulture - SP03
- Apprenticeship Support Australia
- Are you interested in a career in the wine industry? Total Vineyard Management is a viticulture contracting business servicing the wine regions of north-east Victoria and Southern NSW and we are seeking a trainee to learn the ropes of vineyard development, management and maintenance whilst undertaking a Certificate III in Horticulture.
- Farming, Animals & ConservationWinemaker
- Mon 26 Apr , 2021
- Myrtleford, Victoria
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au