Animal Attendants and Trainers train, feed, groom and care for animals.
Animal Attendants and Trainers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- teaching animals to obey verbal and non-verbal commands and addressing behavioural problems
- training animals to accept riders and pull vehicles
- training animals to perform in competitions
- bathing, cutting, combing, blow-drying and styling pets' coats, clipping their nails and cleaning their ears
- inspecting, preparing, cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining comfortable animal cages and enclosures
- transporting food, filling water troughs and feeding animals according to their individual needs
- maintaining animal health records, treating minor injuries and reporting serious conditions to Veterinarians
- exercising and playing with animals, answering visitor questions, and transferring animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them
- dusting and spraying insecticides on animals and immersing them in insecticide baths, to control insect pests.
- Dog Handler or Trainer
- Horse Trainer
- Pet Groomer
- Animal Attendants and Trainers
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Animal Studies
- Certificate III in Animal Studies
Other Careers In This Industry
- Andreasens Green Wholesale Nursery
- Established in 1981 and based in Sydney's South-West, Andreasens Green is one of Australia's leading wholesale nurseries with over 150 acres under production across our nursery sites in New South Wales and Queensland. We are currently looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to fill Despatch Nursery Hand positions at our Kemps Creek site.
• BE reliable, responsible and punctual
• HAVE own transport
• BE motivated, enthusiastic and committed
• BE an Australian citizen
• BE willing to work in all weather conditions
• BE willing to take on new roles and responsibilities
• BE physically fit
The Kemps Creek Nursery is a fast-paced and dynamic site. Due to an increase in sales, we require additional staff to undertake all facets of nursery work which includes and is not limited to; loading and unloading of trucks, picking out orders ready for despatch.
This is an exciting opportunity to see how a successful nursery operates. If you have an interest in horticulture, then please email your resume to:
email@example.com or post to Tara Warner, PO Box 17, Kemps Creek NSW 2178
- Farming, Animals & ConservationOther Farm, Forestry and Garden Workers
- Mon 27 Aug , 2018
- Kemps Creek, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/