Engineering Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the engineering and technical operations of organisations.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- establishing project schedules and budgets
- ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- overseeing maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- liaising with marketing, research and manufacturing managers regarding engineering aspects of new construction and product design
- may contribute to research and development projects
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Diploma of Management
- Bachelor of Engineering *
Other Careers In This Industry
TOOLMAKER / FITTER & TURNER
- STUG AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- Toolmaker / Fitter @ Turner who is interested in working with different materials plastics, stainless steels, brass, aluminium etc. The role has long term opportunities. It is perfect for a 4th year apprentice or newly qualified who is up for a challenge and open to learning.
- Good team culture
- Excellent, clean, friendly working environment.
- Long term opportunities
- EngineeringIndustrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- Clayton, Victoria
Security Technician Apprentice - SW638
- Apprenticeship Support Australia
- Based in Melbourne, SecureTel is an Australian owned company that specialises in Electronic Security, providing security solutions for our clients.
Our comprehensive knowledge and experience in the security industry allow us to provide a service that creates value for our clients and is future-focused.
- EngineeringElectronic Equipment Trades Worker
- Thu 2 Apr , 2020
- Keilor Park, Victoria
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au