Installs, maintains and repairs electronic equipment and systems such as audio and visual reproduction equipment, home entertainment systems, computers and electronic security systems.
Image sourced from Adobe Stock.
Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
- Electronic Equipment Trades Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Electronics
- Certificate III in Electronics and Communications
- Certificate IV in Industrial Electronics and Control
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 29 Mar , 2021
- Melbourne, Victoria
Mechanical Engineering & Engineering Fabrication Apprenticeships - Across Sydney
- Apprenticeship Careers Australia
3rd – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering – Western Sydney
1st – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering – Minto
1st – 4th Year – Engineering Fabrication – Ingleburn
2nd Year – Engineering Fabrication – Padstow
3rd – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering - Revesby
Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) currently have an awesome opportunity for 1st – 4th Year Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Fabrication Apprentices to join our service and repair teams located all around Western Sydney. The roles are varied across the field electrical, mining, transport, tool making and precision medical engineering.
- EngineeringMechanical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
- Thu 25 Mar , 2021
- Revesby, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au