Electrical Engineers design, develop and supervise the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning and designing power stations and power generation equipment
- determining the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- developing products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- interpreting specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- organising and managing resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- establishing delivery and installation schedules for machines, switchgear, cables and fittings
- supervising the operation and maintenance of power stations, transmission and distribution systems and industrial plants
- designing and installing control and signalling equipment for road, rail and air traffic
- may specialise in research in areas such as power generation and transmission systems, transformers, switchgear and electric motors, telemetry and control systems.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Diploma of Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical - Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Workshop Assembly Technician
- Wedderburn is a leading supplier and service provider of weighing equipment throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are seeking to employ a trainee workshop assembly technician working from our head office in Sydney. The position involves assembly, calibration and testing of Electronic weighing equipment along with other products from our complete range. The successful applicant will require a mix of mechanical and electrical aptitudes and keen interest in Electronics.
- National Company
- Australian Owned 122 years
- Great Career Path options
- EngineeringElectronic Equipment Trades Worker
- Wed 25 Jul , 2018
- Ingleburn, New South Wales
- Thu 9 Aug , 2018
- Bendigo, Victoria
- Thu 26 Jul , 2018
- Dingley Village, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/