Electrical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
Image sourced from Adobe Stock.
Electrical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
- Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
- Electrical Engineering Technician
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 29 Mar , 2021
- Melbourne, Victoria
Mechanical Engineering & Engineering Fabrication Apprenticeships - Across Sydney
- Apprenticeship Careers Australia
3rd – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering – Western Sydney
1st – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering – Minto
1st – 4th Year – Engineering Fabrication – Ingleburn
2nd Year – Engineering Fabrication – Padstow
3rd – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering - Revesby
Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) currently have an awesome opportunity for 1st – 4th Year Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Fabrication Apprentices to join our service and repair teams located all around Western Sydney. The roles are varied across the field electrical, mining, transport, tool making and precision medical engineering.
- EngineeringMechanical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
- Thu 25 Mar , 2021
- Revesby, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au