Civil Engineering Professionals design, plan, organise and oversee the construction of civil engineering projects such as dams, bridges, pipelines, gas and water supply schemes, sewerage systems, roads, airports and other structures.
Image sourced from Pexels.
Civil Engineering Professionals
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining construction methods, materials and quality standards, and drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures
- organising and directing site labour and the delivery of construction materials, plant and equipment, and establishing detailed programs for the coordination of site activities
- obtaining soil and rock samples at different depths across sites and testing samples to determine strength, compressibility and other factors that affect the behaviour of soil and rock when a structure is imposed and determining the safe loading for the s
- studying architectural and engineering drawings and specifications to estimate total costs, and preparing detailed cost plans and estimates as tools to assist in budgetary control
- monitoring changes to designs, assessing effects on cost, and measuring, valuing and negotiating variations to designs
- analysing structural systems for both static and dynamic loads
- designing structures to ensure they do not collapse, bend, twist or vibrate in undesirable ways
- assessing present and future travel flow patterns taking into account population increase and needs change
- designing the physical aspects of transportation systems such as highways, railroads, urban transit, air transportation, logistical supply systems and their terminals
- Civil Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Quantity Surveyor
- Structural Engineer
- Transport Engineer
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 29 Mar , 2021
- Melbourne, Victoria
Mechanical Engineering & Engineering Fabrication Apprenticeships - Across Sydney
- Apprenticeship Careers Australia
3rd – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering – Western Sydney
1st – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering – Minto
1st – 4th Year – Engineering Fabrication – Ingleburn
2nd Year – Engineering Fabrication – Padstow
3rd – 4th Year – Mechanical Engineering - Revesby
Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) currently have an awesome opportunity for 1st – 4th Year Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Fabrication Apprentices to join our service and repair teams located all around Western Sydney. The roles are varied across the field electrical, mining, transport, tool making and precision medical engineering.
- EngineeringMechanical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
- Thu 25 Mar , 2021
- Revesby, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au