Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys.
- Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Technician
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/