Aircraft Maintenance Engineers maintain and repair aircraft structures, and avionic and mechanical systems
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- replacing and testing aircraft oxygen system components
- assembling parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintaining records of action taken
- may manufacture aircraft electrical, instrument and radio hardware components
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures)
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance, Certificate II in Aircraft Surface Finishing, Certificate II in Aeroskills
- Certificate III in Aircraft Life Support and Furnishing, Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finishing
- Certificate IV in Aircraft Life Support and Furnishing , Certificate IV in Aircraft Surface Finishing, Certificate IV in Aeroskills
- Diploma of Aeroskills - AvionicsDiploma of Aeroskills - Mechanical
- Advanced Diploma of Aviation Non-Destructive Testing, Advanced Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Avionics), Advanced Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Mechanical)
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/