Primary School Teachers teach a range of subjects within a prescribed curriculum to primary school students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- teaching literacy, numeracy, social science, creative expression and physical education skills to primary school students
- presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- developing students' interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students' progress and recording the results
- discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- liaising with parent, community and business groups
- maintaining class and scholastic records
- performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
- supervising student teachers on placement
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Education *
- Master of Teaching - Primary
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Cert 3
- Kirella kids
- Supporting the trained staff to supervise and help the children. There is a lot of cleaning and tidying up that is shared between all the staff. Interacting with the families and the children throughout the day. There will be times where you will need to move large equipment or furniture. Studying a course.
- Montessori based preschool with a passionate family community.
- Supportive and friendly staff who work well as a team.
- Great children and lovely environment for learning and play.
- Education and TrainingEarly Child Educators
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Broadmeadow, New South Wales
- Thu 6 Feb , 2020
- Beecroft, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Parramatta, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au