Education Aides perform non-teaching duties to assist teaching staff in schools, provide care and supervision for children in preschools, and provide assistance to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their teachers.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschool centres
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching aids, and copying and collating written and printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their families
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
- Integration Aide
- Preschool Aide
- Teachers' Aide
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Education Support
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Cert 3
- Kirella kids
- Supporting the trained staff to supervise and help the children. There is a lot of cleaning and tidying up that is shared between all the staff. Interacting with the families and the children throughout the day. There will be times where you will need to move large equipment or furniture. Studying a course.
- Montessori based preschool with a passionate family community.
- Supportive and friendly staff who work well as a team.
- Great children and lovely environment for learning and play.
- Education and TrainingEarly Child Educators
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Broadmeadow, New South Wales
- Thu 6 Feb , 2020
- Beecroft, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Parramatta, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au