Child Carers provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- Child Care Worker
- Family Day Care Worker
- Out of School Hours Care Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Children's Services
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Other Careers In This Industry
- Your Kids Our Kids
- The successful candidate will be employed on a full time basis for a 12 month Traineeship to complete your Certificate III in Children’s Services. Your studies will be completed by correspondence and you will have the support of your colleagues to guide you through your course work. A traineeship is a fantastic option and allows you to be paid while you study and put your knowledge into practice.
- Our centre's are modern, beautiful spaces where individuality and creativity is valued.
- A traineeship is a fantastic option and allows you to be paid while you study and put your knowledge into practice.
- Exciting opportunity not to be missed.
- Education and TrainingChild Carers
- Thu 16 May , 2019
- Chipping Norton, New South Wales
- Mon 6 May , 2019
- Kurmond, New South Wales
- Thu 23 May , 2019
- Beecroft, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/