Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators design information for visual and audio communication, publication and display using print, film, electronic, digital and other forms of visual and audio media.
Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking research and analysing functional communication requirements
- formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- supervising or carrying out production in the chosen mediamay archive information for future client use.
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Designer
- Web Designer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Design - Graphic Design
- Diploma of Graphic Design *
- Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Digital Media
- Bachelor of Creative Media - Graphic Design
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/