Architects and Landscape Architects design commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and recreational buildings and landscapes.
Architects and Landscape Architects
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- obtaining advice from clients and management to determine type, style and size of planned buildings and alterations to existing buildings
- providing information regarding designs, materials and estimated building times
- preparing project documentation, including sketches and scale drawings, and integrating structural, mechanical and aesthetic elements in final designs
- writing specifications and contract documents for use by builders and calling tenders on behalf of clients
- consulting with Professionals and clients about external area designs, costs and construction
- compiling and analysing site and community data about geographical and ecological features, landforms, soils, vegetation, site hydrology, visual characteristics and human-made structures, to formulate land use and development recommendations, and for preparing environmental impact statements
- preparing reports, site plans, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for land development, showing location and details of proposals, including ground modelling, structures, vegetation and access
- inspecting construction work in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and quality standards
- Landscape Architect
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Architecture
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- Master of Design
Other Careers In This Industry
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au