Welfare Support Workers provide support, information and advice to clients on emotional, financial, recreational, health, housing and other social welfare matters, and evaluate and coordinate the services of welfare and community service agencies.
Image sourced from iStock.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assessing clients' needs and planning, developing and implementing educational, training and support programs
- interviewing clients and assessing the nature and extent of difficulties
- monitoring and reporting on the progress of clients
- referring clients to agencies that can provide additional help
- assessing community need and resources for health, welfare, housing, employment, training and other facilities and services
- liaising with community groups, welfare agencies, government bodies and private businesses about community issues and promoting awareness of community resources and services
- supporting families and providing education and care for children and disabled persons in adult service units, group housing and government institutions
- supervising offenders on probation and parole
- assisting young people to solve social, emotional and financial problems
- preparing submissions for funding and resources, and reports to government bodies and other agencies
- Community Worker
- Disabilities Services Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Parole or Probation Officer
- Residential Care Officer
- Youth Worker
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Family Support), Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs, Certificate IV in Youth Work
Other Careers In This Industry
- Glory Care and Support have the vision to provide a ‘first-class’ NDIS service and ensure our participants have the same opportunities as others in relation to participating in community activities such as living arrangements, education, employment and recreation.
Please read the end of the advertisement. We need a Cover Letter addressing how your skills align with the job.
We are seeking an energetic and passionate individual with management experience in the disability sector to join a new NDIS service in the Sydney South West area.
- Community Services and DevelopmentSocial Workers
- Mon 1 Jun , 2020
- $70,001 - $80,000
- Bankstown, New South Wales
Personal Care Worker (Traineeship) position - SW643
- Apprenticeship Support Australia
- As an Aged Care Worker you would work in residential facilities under direct supervision where they carry out activities to maintain personal care and other activities of living for people in an aged care setting, carry out activities related to an individualised plan, and report directly to a supervisor.
Our client only seeks the best care staff to engage in their mission to be leaders in innovative and integrated healthcare renowned for providing wellbeing to our communities.
- Community Services and DevelopmentAged and Disability Support Workers
- Mon 25 May , 2020
- Bareena, Victoria
- Thu 21 May , 2020
- Liverpool, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au