Aged and Disabled Carers provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III Aged Care,Certificate III in Disability
- Cert IV Aged Care, Certificate IV in Disability
- Diploma of Disability
- Advanced Diploma of Disability
Other Careers In This Industry
- Independent Advocacy in the Tropics Inc.
- We are seeking a Receptionist/All Rounder for an exciting role. This is a great opportunity to utilise and further develop your skills within our small but vibrant office and complete a Certificate III in Business Administration Traineeship.
Independent Advocacy in the Tropics Inc., is committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Community Services and DevelopmentSpecial Care Workers
- Thu 4 Jul , 2019
- Mundingburra, Queensland
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/