Aged and Disability Support Workers provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes.
Image sourced from iStock.
Aged and Disability Support Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
- Aged and Disability Support Workers
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Cert IV Ageing Support, Certificate IV in Disability
- Diploma of Disability
- Advanced Diploma of Disability
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 1 Mar , 2021
- Cohuna, Victoria
Traineeship: administrative assistant
- Collective Coordination
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties of Collective Coordination. The Administrative Assistant embodies the company values of Respect, Integrity, Quality, and Commitment. This role is performed in collaboration with the director, support coordinators and plan manager/ accountant.
This is a traineeship for a candidate currently studying or interested in studying Certificate III or IV in Business Administration. Candidates interested in learning about the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Community Services and DevelopmentSocial Workers
- Sun 7 Feb , 2021
- Kogarah, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au