Snapshot Bank Workers receive deposits and pay out money in financial and commercial institutions, keep records of transactions, issue receipts and cash cheques.
Image sourced from Yanalya from Freepik
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- greeting customers, identifying their needs and answering customer inquiries
- ensuring customers' forms are filled in correctly and checking customers' identification
- accepting cash and cheques deposited by customers, verifying records and receipts, and crediting customers' accounts
- paying money to customers according to advice slips, cheques and negotiable documents, and debiting customers' accounts
- providing change, cashing cheques and recording transactions
- opening and closing accounts for customers
- balancing cash and advising supervisors of cash position and discrepancies
- explaining and promoting bank services to customers and referring them to appropriate financial services
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Financial Services
- Certificate III in Financial Services
- Certificate IV in Banking Services
- Diploma of Banking Services Management
- Advanced Diploma of Banking Services Mgmt
- Bachelor of Business - Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business - Banking
Other Careers In This Industry
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au