Performing Arts Technicians provide technical and other assistance for the production, recording and broadcasting of artistic performances.
Performing Arts Technicians
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- operating microwave equipment to transmit video information to transmitter sites and receiving video signals from remote locations
- maintaining and repairing radio and television transmitters and associated equipment
- selecting and attaching equipment to cameras, positioning cameras, and following the action of scenes being photographed while adjusting controls
- positioning equipment, such as spotlights, floodlights and cables, and operating lights during filming, broadcasting and stage performances
- applying and retouching make up during shooting and performance, including special effects make up such as scars and wounds
- designing and making musical instruments and instrument parts using specially selected materials and techniques similar to those used in cabinetmaking, metal pipe making, silversmithing and wood carving, and tuning and repairing musical instruments
- setting up and adjusting equipment such as microphones, and operating sound mixing consoles and associated equipment to regulate volume and sound quality
- selecting and setting up television recording, editing and mixing equipment, and adjusting and monitoring their operation.
- Broadcast Transmitter Operator
- Camera Operator (Film, Television or Video)
- Light Technician
- Make Up Artist
- Musical Instrument Maker or Repairer
- Sound Technician
- Television Equipment Operator
- Performing Arts Technicians
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Sound Production/ Certificate IV in Make-up /Certificate IV in Broadcast Technology
- Diploma of Sound Production
Other Careers In This Industry
Trainee Audio Visual Technician
- Microhire Pty Ltd
- We are seeking trainees in Certificate III in Live Production and Services, that are capable of or ready to learn hot to operate and/or install audio, vision and lighting to the events market. Experience in entertainment would be advantageous but not necessary to be successful. Most importantly, a successful applicant will need to be customer focused, passionate and enthusiastic.
- Advertising, Arts & MediaPerforming Arts Technicians
- Fri 6 Jul , 2018
- Artarmon, New South Wales
- Tue 3 Jul , 2018
- $0 - $20,000
- Mount Waverley, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/