Receptionists receive and welcome visitors, patients, guests and clients, and respond to enquiries and requests.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering inquiries and providing information on the goods, services and activities of the organisation
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls
- receiving and resolving complaints from clients and the public
- receiving and distributing correspondence, facsimile messages and deliveries
- maintaining the reception area
- advising on and arranging reservations and accommodation
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch and photocopying
- Admissions Clerk
- Hotel or Motel Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Business Administration
- Cert IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
Other Careers In This Industry
Business Admin Trainee
- RudTek Pty Ltd
- We are seeking a full-time Junior Administration Trainee, ideal for recent school leaver with School Certificate to complete a Certificate lll in Business Administration and for immediate start at our fast growing Salisbury office.
As a Junior in this role, you will provide support to senior staff working in the team. RudTek is looking for an individual that is reliable, well presented, works well in a team, is confident and hard working.
- Exciting traineeship role based in Salisbury
- Gain a nationally recognised qualifications while you work
- Support our busy and very successful RTO to meet its clients training requests
- Administration & Office SupportReceptionists
- Wed 6 Mar , 2019
- Salisbury, Queensland
- Tue 19 Mar , 2019
- East Ipswich, Queensland
- Mon 18 Mar , 2019
- Sydney, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/