Receptionists receive and welcome visitors, patients, guests and clients, and respond to enquiries and requests.
Image sourced from Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- greeting and welcoming visitors, and directing them to the appropriate person
- arranging and recording details of appointments
- answering inquiries and providing information on the goods, services and activities of the organisation
- answering, connecting and transferring telephone calls
- receiving and resolving complaints from clients and the public
- receiving and distributing correspondence, facsimile messages and deliveries
- maintaining the reception area
- advising on and arranging reservations and accommodation
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch and photocopying
- Admissions Clerk
- Hotel or Motel Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Business Administration
- Cert IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 30 Jul , 2020
- Wetherill Park, New South Wales
- Tue 11 Aug , 2020
- South Hedland, Western Australia
- Mon 10 Aug , 2020
- Manjimup, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au