Keyboard Operators input and process text and data, and prepare, edit and generate documents for storage, processing, publication and transmission.
Image sourced from Unsplash
Keyboard Operators (Data Entry Operator)
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- entering data and codes required to process information
- retrieving, confirming and updating data in storage and keeping records of data input
- taking verbatim records of proceedings in rapid shorthand using computerised equipment and shorthand-writing machines
- transcribing information recorded in shorthand and on sound recording equipment, and proofreading and correcting copy
- reading portions of transcripts during trials and other proceedings on request of Judges and other officials
- reproducing the spoken word, environmental sounds and song lyrics as captions for television programming, and the deaf and hearing impaired
- preparing reports, letters and similar material for publication and electronic transmission
- sorting outgoing material and preparing documents for transmission
- Data Entry Operator
- Machine Shorthand Reporter
- Word Processing Operator
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Business Administration
- Cert IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 30 Jul , 2020
- Wetherill Park, New South Wales
- Mon 3 Aug , 2020
- Bangholme, Victoria
- Fri 31 Jul , 2020
- Mount Claremont, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au