Archivists, Curators and Records Managers develop, maintain, implement and deliver systems for keeping, updating, accessing and preserving records, files, information, historical documents and artefacts
Image supplied by Northern Beaches Credit Union
Archivists, Curators and Records Managers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- evaluating and preserving records for administrative, historical, legal, evidential and other purposes
- preparing record-keeping systems, indexes, guides and procedures for archival research and for the retention and destruction of records
- identifying and classifying specimens and objects, and arranging restoration work
- examining items and arranging examinations to determine condition and authenticity
- designing and revising medical record forms
- managing organisations' central records systems
- analysing the record-keeping needs of organisations, and translating these needs into record management systems
- maintaining computerised and other record management systems and record forms, and advising on their usage
- controlling access to confidential information, and recommending codes of practice and procedures for accessing records
- developing record cataloguing, coding and classification systems, and monitoring their use
- Gallery or Museum Curator
- Health Information Manager
- Records Manager
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Diploma of Library and Information Services
- Bachelor of Information Studies
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 23 Aug , 2019
- South Melbourne, Victoria
- Wed 31 Jul , 2019
- Canning Vale, Western Australia
- Sun 25 Aug , 2019
- Croydon Park, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/