Accountants plan and provide accounting systems and services relating to taxation and the financial dealings of organisations and individuals, and advise on associated record-keeping and compliance requirements.
Image sourced from Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assisting in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
- preparing financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- conducting financial investigations, preparing reports, undertaking audits and advising on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- examining operating costs and organisations' income and expenditure
- providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- preparing taxation returns for individuals and organisations
- liaising with financial institutions and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
- introducing and maintaining accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- maintaining internal control systems
- may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
- Management Accountant
- Taxation Accountant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Financial Services
- Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- Certificate IV in Accounting
- Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting *
- Bachelor of Accounting *
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting and Sustainable Business *
- Bachelor of Business - Accounting *
- Bachelor of Business - Financial Management
- Master of Professional Accounting and Business
- Master of Commerce - Accounting
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 9 Jul , 2020
- Bowral, New South Wales
- Fri 3 Jul , 2020
- Wollongong, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au