Building a relationship with your employee
If you’re not sure how to go about building a strong relationship with your employees, try these conversation starters to help you ask the right questions from day one.
Use the open-ended questions below to build a strong relationship:
- What sorts of things do you like doing outside of work?
- What did you do on your weekend?
- Who do you live with? How do you find living with them?
- How are you finding TAFE?
- How did you find school? What did you like most/least about it?
- What football team do you support?
- How could I support you more in making sure you get all your TAFE work done?
- How are you enjoying your work? What could we do differently to help you enjoy it more?
- How are you finding working with me?
- What suggestions, if any, have you got to try and make this business better? Maybe fresh eyes can add some value.
- If you were me, what do you think I could do differently to make the business better?
- I know it’s a big question, but where do you see yourself in three years? What car do you want to have? Where do you want to live?
- I think you’re good at x, what do you think your strengths are at work?
- What do you think we need to do to help you improve?
- How do you think we can use Facebook or other technology to update or improve the business?