Giving your money muscles a workout with your weekly budget or gearing up for your first-ever tax return? Don't forget a soundtrack fit for making money. Check out our suggestions below to build your own, or find our Skillsroad Ka-Ching! playlist on Spotify here
(Bonus: playlist also works for leg days. Feel the burn!)
- “Cheap Thrills” – Sia
Our savings motto: “Baby I don’t need dollar bills to have fun tonight – I love cheap thrills!”
- “She Works Hard For Her Money” – Donna Summer
So why did she spend it on that lumo orange dry-clean-only jacket that doesn’t go with anything? Good question.
- “Money Talks” – AC/DC
It’s saying “don’t swipe your credit card!”
- “Money’s Too Tight To Mention” – Simply Red
Which is why we budget.
- “7 Rings” – Ariana Grande
We see it. We like it. We want it. Card declined.
- “Money On My Mind” – Sam Smith
Sam’s all about balance.
- “Money Money Money” – ABBA
All the things we could do… *sigh*
- “Independent Women” – Destiny’s Child
In the black this budget round? Sing it loud: “The shoes on my feet, I’ve bought it, The clothes I’m wearing, I’ve bought it, The rock I’m rockin’, I’ve bought it, ’Cause I depend on me if I want it!”
- “Thrift Shop” – Macklemore ft. Ryan Lewis
Don’t get “tricked by business”. (Also, get your grandad/ grandma’s clothes NOW – it’s going to come back into fashion.)
- “Money” – Pink Floyd
Money is a means to an end – not the main goal. Hold on to that, and money won’t mess with your head!
- “Living on a prayer” – Bon Jovi
What you DON’T want to be doing.
- “9 to 5” – Dolly Parton
A golden oldie, we know… But if Dolly can do the daily grind, so can we!
- “I need a dollar” – Aloe Blacc
So do we.
- “Billionaire” – Travie McCoy ft Bruno Mars
Wanna be a billionaire? Budget
. Then save. And save some more.
- “Money (That’s what I want)” – Flying Lizards
“Just give us the money, Lebowski!” (We’re winning at mixed metaphors.)
- “Bills Bills Bills” – Destiny’s Child
For when your deadbeat friend or partner just drains your resources…
- “Mo Money Mo Problems” – The Notorious B.I.G.
Biggie’s cautionary tale: more money doesn’t necessarily mean less problems…
- “Price Tag” – Jessie J. ft. B.o.B.
“When the sale comes first, and the truth comes second…” There will be a Reckoning.
- “Eisenhower Blues” – J.B. Lenoir
When your budget’s in the red… And you got the blues real bad…
- “Love don’t cost a thing” – Jennifer Lopez
Flat broke? Find a friend, get a big hug, then start trying again.
- “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” – Bobby McFerrin
Sometimes, it’s all you can do.
- “Money Honey” – Lady Gaga
Kisses from your true love or a private yacht? Hmmm.
Find more songs on our Ka-Ching! playlist on Spotify, and let us know your favourite money tunes at firstname.lastname@example.org - we’ll add them!
Find out more about how to do your taxes here:
Main photo: Andre Hunter on Unsplash.
Gifs sourced from giphy.com.