TAFE offers you a range of courses with a choice of qualifications, industry areas, learning styles and durations to suit your needs. If you have just completed your HSC, TAFE can offer you full time and part time courses in a huge range of careers that can give you the workplace skills employers are looking for.
TAFE offers nationally recognised vocational qualifications across the following levels:
- Certificates I–IV - Certificates I to IV teach you a range of introductory to advanced level skills to help you get job-ready or promoted.
- Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas - Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas offer you complex and technical skills to help progress your career.
- Associate and Bachelor Degrees plus Graduate Certificates and Diplomas - Bachelor Degrees, Associate Degrees, Graduate Certificates and Graduate Diplomas help you gain advanced skills and a higher education qualification.
- Statements of Attainment - Statements of Attainment are part qualifications or short courses that can give you extra skills or prepare you for further study.
- Short courses - TAFE NSW short courses provide intensive training to help advance your career, update your skills and knowledge, or meet specific legislative requirements. There is a wide range of short courses available across a broad range of industry areas.
It’s easy to get started at TAFE and this link
will give you an overview of all you need to know in regards to Scholarships, course fees, entry requirements, how to enroll and information on recognition of prior learning (RPL).
If you are questioning whether you need a Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor Degree and wonder which qualification is right for you then this link
will give you an overview of the qualification hierarchy and the information you need to help make the correct decision in regards to your TAFE studies.
TAFE also offers Apprenticeships and Traineeships which combine paid work and structured training, they can be undertaken either full time or part time depending on the course you decide to do. Check out my other article Why an apprenticeship or traineeship could be the best choice of your life
to help you understand the process a little better.
Apprenticeships and traineeships include:
- Paid employment under an appropriate industrial arrangement
- A training agreement between the employer and apprentice or trainee which is registered with the NSW Department of Education and Communities
- Structured on-the-job training
- A training program, delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (such as TAFE NSW), through which you will gain a nationally recognised qualification.
You can also find more information here at the: https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/.